Have you been dealing with dark lips for long?
Do you yearn for pink lips?
Certainly, no one adores the dark shade of lips. But the fact you need to understand here is that it is your lifestyle which majorly contributes to this problem. Yes, there can be many reasons for dark lips including, dryness, smoking, allergies, wrong cosmetics use, over-exposure to direct sunlight, high caffeine intake, and even hormonal imbalance. However, the good thing is that you can treat the problem by taking agood care of your lips.
How to get rid of dark lips?
There are few methods like microneedling which have proved to be great when it comes to treatment of dark lips. This process can to limelight after the YouTube star Michelle Phan claimed to use it for plumping her lips. Basically, the tiny device is rolled across your lips with a little pressure to cause slight injuries. This further helps producing collage, making your lips plump and pink. Well, it is not as expensive as other methods like laser or Botox. But it still involves use of needles, and it will be painful. For this, it is advised to have a topical anaesthetic cream like NumbSkin with you. Application of this lidocaine based cream will prevent pain signals from reaching brain. Hence, you will not feel the pain.
Besides, there are many natural remedies to get those pink lips back in no time. Find out them here:
- Stop Smoking:First and foremost reason for dark lips is smoking. So if you do the same, stop right here. As smoking leave stains on your teeth and lips, this will cause black spots which will be hard to remove. You need to stop smoking as quickly as possible.
- Exfoliate your Lips: Get into habit of exfoliating your lips daily. Just coat your lips with petroleum jelly before going to bed. In the morning, use a soft toothbrush to rub over your lips. This will remove the dead skin cells from lips.
- Try Lemon Juice: Being a good source of vitamin C, lemon juice helps reducing the darkness. For this you can apply lemon juice once a day. Once you have applied it to your lips, massage it gently with your fingertips. Gradually, your lips will start to look brighter and clearer.
- Use Honey: Next you can use pure honey on your lips. Not only it treats dark skin tone but also nourishes, softens and soothes them. Hence, it is a win-win solution.
- Go for Beetroot: It is the easiest way out. All you need to do is blend some beetroot slices and strain it for fresh juice. Now apply this juice on lips and leave it overnight. In the morning wash off your lips and find them reddish.
- Keep Away From Sun Rays: You have to be careful for your skin. The best thing you can do is take an effort to go less out in the sun. Exposure to UV rays can cause melanin growth on your skin, which further leads to pigments and skin damage. Make sure you apply a lip balm before stepping out in the sun.
- Rose Petals and Milk: Want a solution which makes your lips soft and pink? You can try this remedy. While rose comprises of brightness, milk offers soothing, moisturizing, and cooling properties. Blend them together and massage your lips with the mixture. It will help retain the pink color in the long run.
Try these tips to remove dark lips and keep them nourished!