It is quite common to get acne at some point in y006Fur
life. Around 60 million people in the U.S. have acne and worst is that 20% have
to suffer form of severe breakout which is bad enough to result into scarring.
Young man before and after acne treatment on white background
Usually, acne occurs when the dead skin cells along with bacteria accumulate in your skin pores. This further causes inflammation and lesions. While human body works on a mechanism to fix such as damage, i.e. by forming more collagen, but due to one factor or the other, problem tends to worse. It ends up forming indentations on your skin which is also referred to as scar formation.
How to Deal With Acne Scarring?
Though it is a natural part of the healing process which helps those scars to go away, yet it will be a time taking process. Plus, there are good chances for to not only damage your skin but affect your confidence.
Thankfully, these laser resurfacing has a solution to them. The use of very intense monochromatic lights to skin to stimulate the cells in your skin leads facilitate wound healing. Also it causes replacing of collagen and elastin lost due to scarring. Hence, you can trust laser for this purpose.
Now as an intense beam of light is used the process will cause some amount of sensation, or pain in some cases. For this it is advised to make use of a numbing cream prior to the treatment. You can apply a product like NumbSkin cream which comes with 5% lidocaine. When applied to the skin, it causes a numbing sensation which lasts for somewhere around 3 to 4 hours. So you don’t need to suffer anymore.
What are the Different Types of Laser Treatments Available for Acne Scars?
1. Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment: As the name indicates, this method makes use of two lasers of different wavelengths. Generally, one with 1927 nm wavelength and other with 1550 nm wavelength is used. While the former one helps in reducing the pigmentation, the latter helps improving the skin texture. So it focuses on boosting the cell growth.
2. CO2 Laser Treatment: Being one of the most effective ways of treating acne scars, it is used to make small microscopic holes deep into your skin layers. Doing so, it facilitates collagen development in the area lead by smoothening out of the acne scars. Here it is worth noticing that this laser treats only the affected part of the skin.
3. Pulsed Dye Laser (PDL): Also known as V-Beam laser this is used particularly if your skin has developed redness due to acne scars. As the process make use of concentrated laser beams used it leads to enlargement of blood vessels which causes redness. It is the heat generated from the laser beam which eliminates all the nutrients and oxygen from the topmost layer of skin.
4. Fractional Laser Treatment: Don’t confuse it with full laser ablative treatment or CO2 laser treatment. Reason being, here it uses a variety of microbeam sizes and densities as per your skin needs and problems. It can be used over other parts of the body. Also not only it helps eliminating the existing acne scars but also prevent new scar formation.
5. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL): Are you dealing with dark acne scars? This laser treatment is perfect for the same as it does not affect the skin texture and focuses on the color of the scar. So you can expect it to restore back the normal skin tone. With this it also clears the acne causing bacteria. A pretty intense laser is used for this treatment.
Remember, laser resurfacing is a non-invasive treatment. It ensures positive results but there can be some risks involved. So consult an expert before proceeding.
In case you have recently noticed one of the most common skin conditions, acne, you might be looking for treatments to get rid of it. The problem is a widespread. As per the American Academy of Dermatology, it is said to be affecting a staggering 50 million people annually.
Scowling girl pointing at her acne with a towel on her head
Usually, it is believed that people between the ages of 12 and 24 experience acne. However, it might occur at any stage of life, including your adulthood. In some cases, the problem tends to recover itself. But with many it seems like there is no control over those pesky breakouts. Hence, it is really essential for you to be aware of this skin condition in detail.
Here are listed some truths about acne which you need must understand to handle the problem wisely. Get started:
1. Your Diet Matters: Whatever you eat, affects your skin in one way or the other. It is therefore important to keep a food diary. You will be able to monitor what is causing those breakouts. There are many studies stating that foods with a high glycemic index or dairy might trigger skin problems. So it is recommended to avoid higher glycemic and processed foods.
2. Dermarollers are Safe to Use: Thankfully, there is a cost efficient and effective solution to treat your skin. It is about the dermarollers. These devices come with ability to build new collagen. So you can use them for your acne-prone skin. Dermarolling will help dealing with both active acne, and scarring.
And don’t bother too much for the pain involved. You can leave it to a numbing cream. Yes, apply NumbSkin cream 45 minutes before you start with the session and it will make the process pain-free. Order it now!
3. Supplements Will Work: Not everyone is comfortable with treatments on their face. For those who are looking for a more natural way to address acne, can add more nutrients to their routine. There are many supplements such as nicotinamideand zinc, which when added to your diet proves to be beneficial. While these help decrease inflammation, these are good to make your skin shiny and healthy.
4. It ‘Appears’ Similar to Many Problems: Do you know acne and rosacea look alike? Of course, these are not same but both are characterized by underlying inflammation. While rosacea is characterized by bumps, central facial redness, and emergence of pores over nose and center of your face, acne can occur anywhere. Initially, it can be difficult to differentiate and consulting a dermatologist for right treatment is recommended.
5. Light Devices Can Be Helpful: There is a method, LED (light emitting diode) therapy, which uses a form of low-level light energy to penetrate through the skin. Due to this penetration, different reactions are caused which target different issues including skin rejuvenation, repair of tissue and promotion of wound healing. It is the energy coming from the blue light which hit bacteria and inflammation. Plus, this method also stimulates collagen production. So, in all it is highly beneficial to those struggling with acne.
6. Post-Partum Acne Can Be Controlled: It is common during pregnancy to deal with acne. Due to increase in hormones, this period can wreak havoc on your skin. So if you are worried for the acne post-baby, you can try some pregnancy-safe formulations. Those made with alpha-hydroxy acid or other fruit acids can be helpful enough to slough off pore-clogging impurities.
If it tends to increase, you can consult your dermatologist to be safe enough to treat acne during this phase.
Lastly, don’t stress for acne at all. These can be prevented and cured. Just be patient and wise.